wino means: Person with severe alcohol addiction. The quality of the alcohol a wino consumes is irrelevant. They can become so confused that they start to smoke cigarettes and chew cherry-flavored tobacco in tins. The “wino”, or wino, doesn’t pay much attention to their appearance. They are often seen walking around naked and trying to get into fights with other people for no apparent reason. Any effort to stop the wino from eating will only lead to more consumption. (in Slang Dictionary, added by Remora)
What else does wino mean?
- A person who stands up on the streets and drinks an unknown drink. It doesn’t have to be wine. (in Slang Dictionary, added by Anaya Clark)
- A person who is addicted to alcohol or just enjoys getting drunk. (in Slang Dictionary, added by Rodrigo Romero)
- A person who has a chronic addiction to wine. (in Slang Dictionary, added by Haylie Ryan)
- An alcoholic believes that wine can be a justified drink because it is associated with other forms of alcohol. (in Slang Dictionary, added by Whisternefet)
- Chronically drunk, often an indigent, or homeless man, who is found lying or sitting on the sidewalk with a plastic bag and a glass in his hand. A homeless person that is usually drunk. (in Slang Dictionary, added by Umlaut)
- An addict to alcohol, such as wine or beer, a man living on the streets without a home. (in Slang Dictionary, added by Damián López)