taro means: This perennial is grown in tropical areas for its starchy tubrous rhizomes. It has twice the calories of potatoes. (in Cooking Dictionary)
What else does taro mean?
- This is the most delicious of all “new” tubers and can be found in supermarkets as well as many Asian and Latin American markets. It can be treated as a potato but not too much or it may become dry. (in Cooking Dictionary)
- An extensively cultivated, tropical Asian aroid tree (Colocasia esculenta) Large starchy edible tubes and broad peltate leaflets. (in Merlin Dictionary)
- This plant’s tuber. (in Merlin Dictionary)
- One of many similar plants from the South American genera Xanthosoma, Sagittate leaves (in Merlin Dictionary)
- This plant produces a starchy, edible tuber. (in Merlin Dictionary)