repent means: It is to be willing to make a change in one’s behavior. You can “understand” your bad behavior. (in Slang Dictionary, added by Francisco Santiago)
What else does repent mean?
- It is the act of recognizing one’s sinfulness and turning away from all things that cause it. (in Slang Dictionary, added by Yolanda Pascual)
- It is when someone repents of their sins or wicked ways, and places a submissive trust and faith in Jesus Christ, their Lord and Savior, and trusts Him for salvation. True repentance does not require an outward transformation. It is an internal change that leads to a shift in heart toward the sins one once loved and that produces good fruit that is pleasing to God. (in Slang Dictionary, added by Pío Torres)
- This is an act any person can take to forgive himself for past bad behaviour and to allow him to come back to his best self. It usually happens between God and the person. (in Slang Dictionary, added by Halle Duncan)
- If you feel deeply regretful for past mistakes and want to atone. (in Slang Dictionary, added by Lucrecia Ortega)
- Psychotic priests shout this word. This is most common in Spanish small towns where priests carry flamenco and direct people to Inquisition. Gangster priests, who roam around British cities and beat-boppin’ to their christain music, also use this phrase. (in Slang Dictionary, added by Lourdes Montero)
- While groaning at your feet, the priests will expect you to repent. (in Slang Dictionary, added by Carmen Jiménez)