rain check means: If the event is cancelled due to rain, a ticket stub will allow the holder access to future events. (in Merlin Dictionary)
What else does rain check mean?
- A customer is given an assurance that the item that’s on sale will not be sold or become unavailable later. (in Merlin Dictionary)
- An agreement that any offer not accepted will be renewed in future. (in Merlin Dictionary)
- An agreement that any offer not accepted will be renewed in future. The term is derived from the game of baseball. In the 1880s, it was common to give paying fans a raincheck that entitles them to future tickets for any postponement or cancellation due to poor weather. The term became applicable to other entertainment and then to coupons that allowed customers to purchase a temporary out-of-stock item at a later time and for the same price. (in Slang Dictionary, added by Benito Peña)
- An acceptable term to cancel a contract. (in Slang Dictionary, added by Kathryn Weeks)
- Unexpected obstacles can cause someone to be unable to follow up on their plans. (in Slang Dictionary, added by Alana Mccarty)
- Unprofessionally using a word to put someone down. It only makes them mad because they can’t be honest and say No. They don’t cash it, which is why they use it improperly. (in Slang Dictionary, added by Yolanda Santana)