overhang means: Use in general equities. A large block of commodities or securities contracts which, if they were released, would cause prices to fall; it prohibits any buying that could otherwise lead to an increase in price movements. Example Include shares in dealer’s inventories, large institutional holdings, and secondary Distribution still under registration and large commodities position close to being liquidated. (in Stock Market Dictionary)
What else does overhang mean?
- Project or expand. (in Merlin Dictionary)
- Project over someone. (in Merlin Dictionary)
- Projecting parts, such as an architecture structure or rock formation. (in Merlin Dictionary)
- A projection amount. (in Merlin Dictionary)
- A bow or stern is the part that extends above water. (in Merlin Dictionary)
- A surplus of capacity or supply. (in Merlin Dictionary)