mousse means: Mousse can be sweet or savory. It is made using egg whites and whipped cream for its light texture. The French word for mousse is “froth” and “foam”. “. (in Cooking Dictionary)
What else does mousse mean?
- Mixing and folding together ingredients to create sweet or savory dishes. The mixtures can be either hot or cold and often contain whipped eggs whites to help lighten. These dishes can also be lightened with cream, but these are known as mousselines when made in large quantities. (in Cooking Dictionary)
- One of many chilled desserts that are made from flavored whip cream, gelatin and eggs. (in Merlin Dictionary)
- Molded dish that contains meat, fish or shellfish, with cream, gelatin, and whipped cream. (in Merlin Dictionary)
- Aerosol foam is used to style and control hair. (in Merlin Dictionary)
- Apply a styling mousse to your hair. (in Merlin Dictionary)