mandate means: The allocation of funds to an investment manager for management in a particular way or purpose. This also refers to the appointment of an investment manager to arrange or advise project financing. (in Stock Market Dictionary)
What else does mandate mean?
- A commandment or instruction that is authoritative. (in Merlin Dictionary)
- An order or authorization from a political electorate for the winner of an electoral election. (in Merlin Dictionary)
- The League of Nations commission that authorizes a member country to manage a territory. (in Merlin Dictionary)
- A specific order issued by a reviewing judge to a lower Court, such as requiring that the lower court enter a new judgement or conduct additional proceedings in accordance with the reviewing courts’ ruling. (in Merlin Dictionary)
- A mandate of the League of Nations to assign a territory or colony to a nation. (in Merlin Dictionary)
- Make mandatory as a law or decree. (in Merlin Dictionary)