lowkey means: Merriam Webster defines low-key as an adjective. It is a dictionary-recognized word. Lowkey can be used to express a speaker’s emotions or desires. Lowkey still refers to the dictionary’s definition of “of low intensity and not very emotional”. (in Slang Dictionary, added by Calliope)
What else does lowkey mean?
- 1 In secret or discreetly2 Very lightly or very much. (in Slang Dictionary, added by Riley Briggs)
- It’s okay to know something, but it shouldn’t be too important. (in Slang Dictionary, added by Pío López)
- It can be used to make it seem like nothing is important. We cool in a chill way (in Slang Dictionary, added by Braeden Cooley)
- Lowkey can be translated as keeping a secret, or when you do something that is not known to anyone. Lowkey is a synonym for secret, because it means that you are privy to something no one else knows. Lowkey’s contrast is truth because everyone will know that it won’t be Lowkey anymore. Lowkey can be described as when someone tells you something negative about you or that you have done something to hurt another person. My cousin was having a difficult relationship with his wife. He sent messages to another man and she was then caught. After talking to her, he seemed to have settled down. He then told me that there was another girl who liked him. The two of them felt a strong connection and they started spending more time together. I was told by him about the situation and he advised me to keep it low-key because nobody can know. His wife would find out and she could leave him. Lowkey information should never be shared with anyone as it can affect others. If you ask someone to keep it lowkey, that is a sign that you are confident that they won’t reveal the information. Lowkey is a key part of every day life because everybody has a secret. But then you also have people who talk about other secrets and are called Highkey. (in Slang Dictionary, added by Nieves Díaz)
- Lowkey Born Kareem, born 23 May 1986, is an English-Iraqi musician, poet and playwright. Born in London, Kareem is the son of an Iraqi mother with an English father. He was first known for his mixtapes. He began rapping at the tender age of 12 and quickly imitated American rappers. However, he soon developed his own style. Karem was born in London to an Iraqi mother and an English father. His lyrics convey a positive message and are both powerfully and deeply felt. He is not well-known for his immense talent. (in Slang Dictionary, added by Caiden Schultz)