linear means: A line, related to or resembling one; straight. (in Merlin Dictionary)
What else does linear mean?
- A description, related, or described in, by, a straight-line. (in Merlin Dictionary)
- Characterized by drawn lines and not painterly effects. (in Merlin Dictionary)
- With nearly parallel margins, it is narrow and elongated. (in Merlin Dictionary)
- Surfing the wave line for an extended period of time. Smoothly and perfectly riding down the wave’s path. (in Slang Dictionary, added by Reyna Padilla)
- ‘Straight’ So, Straight. (in Slang Dictionary, added by Lilian Irwin)
- Radio slang Amplification used to boost the output of the transceiver. It is named after its pure amplification. In mathematical terms, linear means what you get out is proportional to the input. Linear amps are linear in that if the input is twice as high, then the output will be doubled. These do not produce any frequency byproducts. Nonlinear amps generate sums, difference, and combinations thereof. (in Slang Dictionary, added by Madisyn Hutchinson)