jawn means: Philly is slang for someone, place or thing Jawn. (in Slang Dictionary, added by Fernando Garza)
What else does jawn mean?
- Origin: Philadelphia Word used to substitute for something, a thing or a person. It’s not used in any way by dudes to describe other dudes. (in Slang Dictionary, added by Quinn Archer)
- Jawn n. Slang. Greater Philadelphia jon 1. Anything that is an object, being, or entity. This is used in particular to refer to physical objects that are difficult to explain or where the term being used is more than one-syllable long. “. (in Slang Dictionary, added by Zain Frederick)
- Jawn can be used as a noun. Jawn can be used to describe a female, a place, or a thing. Jawn, Philly’s slang for everything and anyone is always understood. (in Slang Dictionary, added by Aden Duke)
- Philly slang can be used to refer to almost anything. It is an All-purpose Pro-noun. Drawinis another philly slang term that is often used in the same way. Most non-philly natives mistakenly believe they hear the exact same phrase. There are many Categories of Jawn’s when used to refer to a female See Side-Jawn=chick on the side, Old-Head Jawn=some older woman, Big Jawn=fat girl, Young-Jawn= a young girl Spanish-Jawn= a spanish girl,Germantown-Jawn= a girl from gemantown. (in Slang Dictionary, added by Alec Hooper)
- A universal noun. The universal noun. Jawn can be used when the noun has already been implied. Sometimes, however, jawn can be used in a way that makes the conversation vague. (in Slang Dictionary, added by Aileen Parrish)
- Inside joke name for “John Watson”, from BBC’s “Sherlock”. It is often used for humorous fanfiction or humorous *** art. (in Slang Dictionary, added by Borja Jiménez)