edict means: An authority issue a decree or proclamation that has the force and effect of law. (in Merlin Dictionary)
What else does edict mean?
- An official pronouncement of authority or command. (in Merlin Dictionary)
- Edicts are announcing a law. They’re often linked to monarchism. Edicts are still only issued by the Pope or various leaders of micronational countries. (in Slang Dictionary, added by Cottarme12345)
- Sometimes, used in a jokey way as an insult to people. (in Slang Dictionary, added by Amiyah Porter)
- Addiction to electronic media, such as the internet or mobile phone. Instead of Edward, it is pronounced Even. (in Slang Dictionary, added by Margarita Bravo)
- A person who has become addicted to using e-cigarettes. (in Slang Dictionary, added by Omari Summers)
- An official declaration by an authority authorizing the commencement of swag or other swag activities. (in Slang Dictionary, added by Tania Kane)